Special Education Parent Advisory Group100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, New Jersey 08551
Tel: (908) 284-7680 Fax: (908) 284-7685
N.J.A.C. 6A:14-1.2 District eligibility for assistance under IDEA Part B item 18 (h)
Each district board of education shall ensure that a special education parent advisory group is in place in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities.
What is SEPAG?
SEPAG is an independent volunteer group and its effectiveness within the district is dependent on the participation of parents coming to meetings, discussing special education topics and learning about more special education.
Who can become a SEPAG member?
Parents and/or guardians of students with disabilities and Individual Education Programs (IEPs)
The mission of SEPAG is to provide support, guidance and a safe sharing environment for families of children with special needs.
As a Special Education Parent Advisory Group, we act as a liason on behalf of parents to provide feedback on District strengths and areas of need, and service as a resource to parents by communicating information about the special education process and programs currently available in Flemington-Raritan School District.SEPAG Goals and Objectives
What is the purpose of SEPAG?This is a parent forum to share ideas, bring attention to issues that affect the students and provide solutions. It will also give parents an opportunity to share experiences about their child, interactions with the Flemington-Raritan School District, and what works or does not work for children. Parents learn from other parents’ topics, questions and advice and this is a forum where it can take place.Secondly, SEPAG hosts Special Education Parent Workshops to help parents become better informed about special education topics and by conducting informational meetings featuring guests and topics that deal with Special Education needs.Is SEPAG an official part of the Flemington-Raritan School District or the Board of Education?No. SEPAG is a separate, independent volunteer group. The FRSD SEPAG works in a cooperative effort along with the Flemington-Raritan Special Services Department.How do we achieve our goals?Parent involvement, parent support, and parent input will make SEPAG effective within the school district and benefit students with disabilities. Parents are encouraged to suggest topics for Special Education Parent Workshops.2019-2020 SEPAG Meeting Dates
- Foster a positive and respectful environment within the special education community through parent education and involvement
- Help students with disabilities succeed academically and socially
- Provide friendship and support for families through parent sharing sessions
- Offer parents avenues to support organizations available in Hunterdon County / New Jersey
- Gather member comments/questions and foster communication with FRSD Special Services Administrators
- Build a strong and solid partnership between parents and educators within FRSD
Want to learn more about SEPAG?Please contact our Parent Liaison, Wendy Kent @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 24, 2019 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- Topic: Developing an IEP with measurable goals Presenter: SPAN
- October 29, 2019 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- Topic: After school activties
- November 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- December 10, 2019 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- Topic: Holiday stress and anxiety
- January 14, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- February 11, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- March 17, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- April 28, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- May 19, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center
- June 9, 2020 @ 7:00pm; JP Case Media Center