2019-2020 Integrated Preschool Programs100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, New Jersey 08551
Tel: (908) 284-7680 Fax: (908) 284-7685
The Flemington-Raritan School District offers an integrated preschool experience for residents of the community who are 3-4 years of age on or before October 1, 2019. The program seeks to provide a safe and nurturing learning experience in which children can play and learn. Children identified by the Child Study Team as eligible for special education and related services and general education peers are placed together in an integrated learning environment that utilizes a developmental approach. Children are immersed in a variety of planned activities that promote readiness skills, language and social/emotional growth.
*If your child meets the Kindergarten cut-off date and will be 5 years of age on or before October 1, 2019, they are not eligible for preschool. Please contact your neighborhood elementary school for Kindergarten registration.*
The Flemington-Raritan Integrated Preschool Program is held five days a week at Copper Hill Elementary School. Two 3-year old sessions are available: Morning (9:00am-11:30am) and Afternoon (11:30am-2:00pm) - a session may be cancelled based on enrollment. One full day 4-year old session is available from 9:00am-2:00pm.
The monthly tuition fee for the 2019-2020 school year is $400 for 3-year old (half-day) general education peers who are not eligible for special education and related services. The monthly tuition fee for the 2019-2020 school year is $600 for 4-year old (full day) general education peers who are not eligible for special education and related services. This monthly fee does not include transportation.
The daily schedule includes circle time, small and large group activities, centers, snack, story time and teacher facilitated play time. The class will also participate in specials that include gym, music and art, as well as play outdoors when weather permits. Learning activities are based upon the New Jersey Department of Education’s Preschool and Teaching Learning Expectations and are responsive to the individual needs and abilities of each child.
The classes will be taught by a dual certified teacher in Special Education and P-3 General Education. Teaching assistants will provide additional instructional support.
Children need to be toilet trained upon entry into the program.
Registration for Integrated Preschool Program will be done using a lottery system.
- Complete the lottery application. Click here for a link to the application.
- Lottery applications are due by March 15, 2019. Families will be notified of receipt of their lottery application via email.
- The lottery drawing will be held on March 18, 2019.
- Families whose lottery number is drawn will be notified by phone on March 19, 2019.
- If your lottery number is drawn, you will be responsible for bringing all necessary forms and information (see the links below) to the Department of Pupil Personnel and Special Education office located at Copper Hill Elementary School no later than April 5, 2019. The first month's tuition is required as a deposit at that time.
- NOTE: Once a student is in the program, he/she may remain in the program until reaching Kindergarten age (student turns 5 by October 1st of the current school year). Each sibling requires an application.
For more information, please contact Marie Blaser, Child Study Team Secretary, at (908) 284-7683.
- Informational Flyer
- Registration Steps
- FRSD Documentation to Demonstrate Eligibility for Enrollment (Proof of Residency)
- New Jersey State Department of Education: Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards (2014)
Necessary Paperwork If Selected Through Lottery:
- Registration Form
- 3 Year Old Half-Day AM Preschool Program Payment Agreement
- 3 Year Old Half-Day PM Preschool Program Payment Agreement
- 4 Year Old Full-Day Preschool Program Payment Agreement
- Student Language Background Information Sheet
- Health Questionnaire
- Student Physical Examination Form