FRSD Preschool Program100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, New Jersey 08551
Tel: (908) 284-7680 Fax: (908) 284-7685
The Flemington-Raritan School District offers a full-day preschool experience for residents of the community who are 3-4 years of age before October 1st of the school year. The program seeks to provide a safe and nurturing learning experience in which children can play and learn. Children identified by the Child Study Team as eligible for special education and related services and general education peers are placed together in a whole-child, developmental learning environment.
Children are instructed in the Tools of the Mind curriculum, which is inclusive of a variety of planned activities that promote readiness skills, language, motor and social/emotional growth. The Flemington-Raritan Preschool Program is held five days a week at Copper Hill Elementary School. The Preschool follows the District calendar for holidays. The classes are taught by teachers with the required New Jersey teaching certificate. Teaching Assistants provide additional instructional support.
*If your child meets the Kindergarten cut-off date and will be 5 years of age before October 1st, please contact your neighborhood elementary school for Kindergarten registration.*
Preschool for School Year 2022-2023 is currently full
Registration for School Year 2023-2024
The monthly tuition for the 2023-2024 school year will be $700 for a full day program, for both 3 and 4-year old general education students who are not eligible for special education and related services. The full day preschool operates from 9 AM - 2 PM. Classrooms will have a mix of 3 and 4 year olds. All children must be toilet trained upon entry into the program. Transportation is not provided for general education students. Parents/Guardians drop off and pick up their child at Copper Hill school. Please see the Preschool FAQs for answers to other possible questions.
The YMCA will offer an aftercare program for preschool students who are toilet trained. Please contact the YMCA for more information on before and after care options.
Registration for 2023-2024 will occur online via the link below. On Tuesday March 14th, at 10:00 AM, the link below will become active.
The process is outlined below:
1) Parent/Guardian enters basic information into the form that will be available on this page.
2) Entries are automatically date and time stamped once the form is submitted on our website.
3) Each sibling in a family requires a separate entry.
4) Based on the form submission date & time, families will be notified if their child will be offered a spot in the preschool, or placed on the waitlist. All families will be notified either way, by the end of the day on Thursday March 16th.
5) If the student is offered a spot in the program, the registration paperwork & deposit will need to be submitted to the Pupil Personnel Services office by Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Deposits are non-refundable. Medical forms can be submitted over the summer months.
6) Students placed on the waitlist will remain on the waitlist and will be contacted when/if a spot in the program becomes available.
Note: Once a student is enrolled, they may remain in the program until reaching Kindergarten age (age 5 by October 1st of the current school year).
Questions regarding the preschool program can be directed to Marie Blaser at 908-284-7683 or Marie.Blaser@frsd.us.
- Informational Flyer
- Preschool FAQs
- Registration Steps
- 2022-2023 Tuition Payment Schedule
- 2023-2024 Tuition Payment Schedule
- New Jersey State Department of Education: Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards (2014)