Summer 2021 Extended School Year100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, New Jersey 08551
Tel: (908) 284-7680 Fax: (908) 284-7685
If your child is eligible for our Extended School Year Program, please see below for details.
The Flemington-Raritan School District will be providing a Extended School Year Program (ESY) for Summer 2021.
The need for Extended School Year will be discussed at your child's annual review meeting. Qualifying criteria includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Regression and recoupment - is the child likely to lose critical skills or fail to recover these skills within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability of the student to interact with nondisabled peers
- Emerging skills/breakthrough opportunities - will a lengthy summer break cause significant problems for a child who is learning a key skill
- Interfering behavior - does the child's behavior interfere with his or her ability to benefit from special education
- Nature and/or severity of disability
- Ability of the child's parents to provide educational structure in the home
- Behavioral and physical impairments
Please see attached FAQs from the NJDOE, Office of Special Education Programs for detailed information.