What is 'Word-A-Day'?
Word-A-Day is modeled after 'Inktober', a stimulating drawing challenge invented by comic book author and illustrator, Jake Parker, who wanted a way to commit to the practice of drawing and improving his skills, because, as we all know, practice makes progress!
How does it work?
- Your challenge is to create a black and white drawing in either pencil or black marker, based on a word prompt
- This challenge is open to all grade levels
- You can draw as many or as few as you want
- Drawings should be no larger than 5 ½” x 8 1/2”, but can be smaller. The point is to keep them small so you are able to finish one a day.
- If you post your finished piece to Artsonia, be sure to post to the 'Word-A-Day' gallery and include the word you are illustrating
- If you hand in your work, make sure you put your name, grade and class on the back
Here are your Word-A-Day word prompts: