Attention incoming 5th grade BAND students for 2019-2020:
All registrations are DUE MARCH 9, 2019.
Anyone who signed up for PERCUSSION, will attend a Percussion Demo Lesson on 3/21/19 in their school. These students must have a 2nd choice instrument. Space is limited for percussion, but not any other instrument choice. Parents should receive confirmation of instrument choice by late March.
If you are new to the district, or missed the registration deadline, please contact Mrs. Spies at firstname.lastname@example.org We can still sign you up for an instrument (violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, baritone horn)
Click HERE for the Parent Welcome Letter and REGISTRATION.
Click HERE for the Parent Welcome Letter-Spanish.
Click HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions.
Click HERE for the Instrument Supply List.
Things to consider when renting an instrument:
- Rent, don't buy. You can't beat the 4-5 month introductory rate.
- At the store: check the instrument before you leave the shop.
- Does it play well?
- Does the instrument look clean?
- Is there a repair plan with the rental?
- Is the store easily accessible?
- While at the store, pick up all the necessary supplies (#2 ½ Reeds, Valve oil, Lesson Book, etc.)
- Don't buy anything on the internet unless you have professional advice.
- Remember there are no repair plans when you purchase on line.
- Buying no name brands for a "low" price means you will have frequent problems from the start and make it very difficult for your child to play this instrument. We've seen it many times!
- Students should not worry about missing EXCEL period. This block of time is designed for these types of pull outs (band, orchestra, chorus).
- All instrument cases must have a NAMETAG. Many cases look exactly the same and students often take the wrong one home! Use a good luggage tag. Masking tape will make a great substitute in a pinch.
- Students will not be calling home if they forget their instrument. Students attend lessons with or without an instrument.
- Please have your child's instrument and lesson book ready for the first week of school. Getting to start with everyone else is exciting! They will learn to assemble their instrument correctly, properly play a tone and understand their first practicing assignment.
- Instruments are NOT to be left overnight in school. They must be taken home to practice.
- Instrument Storage during the day. Students can drop off instruments in the band room or store them in their locker when arriving at school.