In an effort to control SPAM, our district no longer provides direct links to staff e-mail accounts.
To e-mail employees, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mail ID: marie.corfield
Thank you so much for your flexibility and patience as we navigate these uncharted waters. My goal for our digital art lessons is to make them as enjoyable at home as they are in school. Here's how art classes will function until we are able to return to in-person learning:
Materials: Please do not go out and buy a bunch of art supplies! You probably have most of what you need right at home. Some of the projects only require a pencil and paper. These are the basics you'll need:
- Paper: please use scrap paper whenever possible. Many of your child's best creations were made on the back of paper I dug out of our recycling bins. You can also use newspaper, the inside of wrapping paper, paper bags, the back of envelopes, cardboard and poster board, and anything else you can thing of. Be creative!
- Crayons and/or colored pencils
- Glue: glue sticks or white glue. If you have neither, you can make a simple glue with ingredients you probably already have at home.
- If your child wants to make a collage but you don't have construction paper, consider using wrapping paper, newspaper, cereal boxes or other food packaging that is brightly colored and can be cut up. Sewing boxes and junk drawers are also great sources for collage supplies.
- Optional: paint, oil pastels, chalk
- How to sumbit artwork:
Our school is offering a way for students to submit their artwork through their Artsonia portfolio from home.
Your child can use iPads or similar devices (or even a browser) to photograph their own artwork, make edits and enter artist statements - all on their own! The artwork will be reviewed by the art teacher prior to being published.
Download the Artsonia 6.0 app in the Apple or Android app store, select the "Students" option, then scan the Access Code below (or manually type in the code). You can also go to www.artsonia.com/class on a browser if you don't have a compatible device.Access Code: PYBN-RXWD
You can view a short tutorial video by going to www.artsonia.com/videos/classportal-students
If you have any questions, please contact Artsonia at 800-869-9974 or email@example.com
Thank you so much. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay healthy, and happy creating!