Resources and Events:
December 15, 2022: 8th Grade Parent Night 2022 for HCRHS
- Learn about 9th grade scheduling for students and what to expect from the Special Education Programs at HCRHS
FRSD SEPAG Meeting: February 28: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM, JPC Media CenterThe START EPSD Project is pleased to share the following resources and events.Monthly Resource Highlight: Share Your Story to Make an Impact
Keep in Touch:
- From Pacer Center - Experience to Influence: The Power of a Parent's Story; De Experiencia a Influencia: El Poder de la Historia de un Padre
- Learn how to share your story! August 1 & 3, START Team's Special Education Parent Leadership Roundtable will focus on telling your story to make the greatest impact. See Events & Workshops listing below to register.
AUGUST EVENTS and WORKSHOPS
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Join the conversation for Tuesday's Tip and Thursday's Thought, as we discuss effective parent groups, family engagement, literacy strategies, NJTSS, inclusive education, and much more! #start-epsd.
- Sign up for our Summer Reading Tips (for PreK - 3rd Grade) delivered directly to your phone via text. See the attached flyer.
- Turn to the START page to find resources to help your SEPAGs be more effective or get them started with samples of Bylaws, Interest Letters, Surveys and more.
Mon, Aug 1, 2022 7:00 PM EDT &/or Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:00 AM EDTThis follow-up to our Spring Roundtable will provide the opportunity to continue developing our public policy advocacy skills. Peg Kinsell, SPAN's Director of Policy Advocacy, will provide updates and lead us through a presentation on how to tell your story. We'll then get to practice what we learn in breakout rooms. Simultaneous Spanish interpretation will be available. (See flyers attached.)Wed, Aug 3, 10, 17 2022 3:30 - 4:00 PM EDT (multiple dates)The SPAN Youth Chat (Ages 13 - 26) - VirtualA community of youth supporting youth. Session begins with information sharing followed by group conversations related to the week's topic.Tue, Aug 9, 2022 6:00 - 7:00 PM EDTStarting and Running an Effective SEPAG - In PersonEvery district in NJ is required to have a Special Education Parent Advisory Group in their district. Parents and school staff who'd like to learn how to get a group started (or restarted), or who want tips and strategies to make your group more effective would benefit from this workshop. (See flyer attached.)Wed, Aug 10, 2022 12:00 - 1:00 PM EDTIEP I: Essential Components of the IEP - VirtualThis workshop provides participants with a review of the essential components of an Individualized Education Program. As a result of this workshop, participants will better understand the IEP document and the parent's role in the development of an IEP.Wed, Aug 17, 2022 1:00 - 5:00 PM EDT (Multiple sessions)Join us to learn about important topics as we enter the 2022-2023 school year. (See flyer attached.)Mié. 17 de agosto de 2022 13:00 - 17:00 Hora de verano del este de Norteamérica hora de Estados Unidos (Nueva York)Miniconferencia de Educación Especial - Evento en líneaPreparándose para el Nuevo Año Escolar (Ver el boletín adjunto)Fri, Aug 19, 2022 12:00 - 1:00 PM EDTPresented by New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome and Associated DisordersThis presentation will promote a more positive, inclusive, and successful learning environment for individuals with these disorders. (See flyer attached.)Vie. 19 de agosto de 2022 12:00 - 13:00 Hora de verano del este de Norteamérica hora de Estados Unidos (Nueva York)Una introducción al síndrome de Tourette y trastornos asociados - Evento en líneaEsta presentación promoverá una visión más positiva, inclusiva y un ambiente de aprendizaje exitoso para las personas con estos trastornos. (Ver el boletín adjunto)
Past Events Recordings and Resources:
Last Modified Yesterday at 9:13 AM