Influenza Information for Parents and Guardians, December 2022
Safety Protocols, 2022-2023:
- Students are not excluded from school unless they report to the school that they are positive for COVID-19. The Department of Health continues to recommend that they stay out of school for at least five days from the onset of symptoms (or the date of the test, if asymptomatic), and mask around others for an additional five days after the return to school.
- District schools and buses will continue to be mask-optional.
- Individuals who are positive for COVID-19 must stay home five days from the onset of symptoms (or the date of the test, if asymptomatic) and are recommended to mask around others for an additional five days after the return to school.
- No mandatory travel restrictions.
- Physical distancing will be significantly relaxed.
- Reminders about proper hygiene will continue. Hand sanitizer remains in all classrooms and other locations around schools.
- Students and staff who have visible symptoms of illness (fever, nausea, etc.) will be sent home and may not return to school until symptoms reside and will follow the exclude-from-school symptoms per Board of Education policy (fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine)
- The District will not contact trace and will not report the weekly number of cases.
Last Modified on December 16, 2022