Cut Glass Industry
The cut glass business was brought to Flemington to solve an economic problem. Flemington needed a factory that would hire and pay local workers. In 1902, the Empire Cut Glass Company moved to Flemington. The glass they made was expensive and only sold in jewelry stores.
Four years later, in 1906, two men who worked at the Empire Cut Glass factory decided to start a business of their own. In 1908, they named their company Flemington Cut Glass.
The Flemington Cut Glass Company is now closed.