Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to First Grade! I can’t believe that it is almost September! I hope that you are having a fun-filled summer and feel ready to start a brand new school year! I’m looking forward to hearing all about your summer adventures.
My name is Mrs. McPeek and I will be your child’s first grade teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. I look forward to meeting you and I know we are going to have a great year together!
Thank you to the families that preordered the supplies from the PTO last Spring. Those boxes have been delivered to our classroom and are stored for your student to use. If you were unable to order from the PTO earlier this year, please see the list of items that will help your child to be more organized this year. Please send them in on the first day of school or bring them in when you come to the meet and greet listed below.
- 4 large Elmer's glue sticks (40 g/1.4 oz.) size
- 2 boxes of Crayola Crayons (24-pack)
- 1 box of Crayola washable thin markers
- 1 box of Crayola washable thick markers
- 4 low odor Expo thick dry erase markers (black)
- 4 low odor Expo thin dry erase markers (black)
- 2 one-inch view binder with inside front and back pockets
- 2 boxes of tissues
- Their beautiful smiles! J
Optional items – Ziploc bags – sandwich, quart or gallon
Our snack time will be in the morning. Please send in a healthy snack (ex. fruit, vegetable, dairy- string cheese or yogurt) for your child daily. Please avoid sending in any snacks that contain nuts or peanuts for snack time. We appreciate your cooperation in sending in safe snacks to create a safe learning environment for our students.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I can be reached via district email at email@example.com. My telephone extension is
(908) 284-7620 ext. 5804. I am very excited to meet you. You are welcome to come get a preview of our classroom at Robert Hunter School in room 104 on Wednesday, September 4th from 2:30 pm- 3:00 pm. Please stop by so I can meet you and your first grader!