Hour of Code
K-2 students in FRSD have begun a unit to learn about and try their hand at coding. The unit is designed to introduce young students to new vocabulary and give them an idea of what coding is all about. We are joining many other students worldwide in learning how to code! Students will also try coding by using the sites below. Thanks to Hour of Code for all you are doing for students around the world! Click on the Hour of Code link. Can you find our schools on the map?Kindergarten
1st GradeRemember our Algorithm practice. Now try these fun activities.
- Scroll and look for this:
2nd GradeOther Fun Coding Challenges
- Litebot - use programming and logic to solve puzzles that move your Litebot
- Minecraft - Make and solve your own puzzle
- Flappy Bird - Make your own game
- Candy Quest - Program your candy troll to solve puzzles
- Code with Anna and Elsa - make beautiful snowflakes and patterns
- Peep: Nature Walk
- Mystery Island Coding Adventures
If you would like to explore more coding activities at home with your family, try the activities on these pages. Some are very challenging and made for older students. You may need an adult's help. Remember to choose an activity that is "just right for you".Learn more about Hour of Code. See all the schools who will participate, and see if you can find YOUR school on the map.