Dear Singers and Parents,
Unfortunately, as all district events have been cancelled for at least the next couple weeks, our Music In Our Schools Month Concert has also been cancelled. We are very disappointed and sad to miss the chance to make music with you! At this point in time, there are no plans to reschedule the concert; our district and our community must be focused on health and welfare right now. In the meantime, make sure to sing as much as possible at home – even if it drives your family members crazy! ;-)
Aileen Marsh, K-8 Choir Director
Susan Sullivan, Concert CoordinatorRFIS Music In Our Schools Month Concert - March 24, 2020This exciting event, sponsored by the RFIS PTO, is free and open to the public and features the Whitehouse Wind Symphony, the Hunterdon Harmonizers, and the FRSD K-8 Student Choir! The Student Choir is directed by Ms. Aileen Marsh (RFIS Chorus and General Music Teacher) and coordinated by Mrs. Susan Sullivan (RFIS Instrumental Music Teacher).K-8 FRSD students are eligible to participate in the concert if they have:
Dates and Details
- turned in a permission slip for this event
- confirmed they are available for both the rehearsal and the concert
- received music practice information from their music teacher
The music for the concert is listed below. Student performers must learn and memorize these three songs prior to our rehearsal on March 17. Any questions about or difficulties with the music may be directed to your school's music teacher or through email to Ms. Marsh (email@example.com).1. Red River Valley2. Danny Boy3. Down by the RiversideDo not use
- All participating students must attend the rehearsal, with a parent, on Tuesday, 3/17, 4:00-5:00 pm at RFIS.
- Students must attend the complete concert on Tuesday, 3/24.
- Student singers are expected to arrive at RFIS on the 24th at 6:30pm.
- All students are encouraged to wear spirit wear from their own school for the concert performance!