In an effort to control SPAM, our district no longer provides direct links to staff e-mail accounts.To e-mail employees, please use the E-mail ID noted below and add @frsd.k12.nj.us.
Below is a link for parents/students. Scholastic is offering FREE membership at this time. I hope all of you take the opportunity
use Scholastic as a resource for you child/children. Happy Reading!
Mrs. Megan McPeek
We have provided reading materials for your child in case of an emergency school closing. In the event that school is closed, your child’s job is to read the books we have sent home. We have included ten days of reading and writing materials which will provide needed daily opportunities for your child to practice and maintain his/her skills. This daily practice will help to ensure that your child will have a successful ending to this school year.
We are including writing prompts that your child can use to complete his/her daily reading responses. We remind the students to use their books as resources to help with spelling. Spelling counts! Neatness counts! ;-)
Please continue to practice reading and writing the words on their word ring. If you should have any questions, your child’s support teacher will be available during the regular school hours Monday through Friday.
Remember: Reading is brain food and it’s fun! Keep reading, writing, and smiling!
Megan McPeekReading Recovery and Student Support TeacherRobert Hunter Schoolemail id: mmcpeek
- After reading a book- I’m wondering....
- What was your favorite part and why?
- What was the problem in the story? How was it solved?
- If you could change the ending to this book, what would it be?
- What was the lesson in the story?
- What did this book make you think of?
- Were there any tricky parts you didn’t understand?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or Why not?