Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised clubs and intramurals throughout the school year. We are proud to offer three, 10-week sessions during the fall, winter and spring.
In order to assure a safe and orderly dismissal from after school activities, please review the guidelines outlined here in Mr. DeMarco's letter. Please pick up promptly at 4 pm. We appreciate your cooperation.
Fall acticvities will end on December 6th unless otherwise notified by your club advisor. Please check this page for make up meeting dates and other updates.
The following clubs have scheduled make up meeting:
- Art Club: December 10th, 13th and 20th
- Solar Sprint Car Club: In addition to December 6th, which is a regularly scheduled meeting, there will be make up meetings on December 13, 20, 2018 and January 3, 2019.
- Harry Potter Club: December 13, 2018
- Guitar Club: December 12 and 19, 2018
- Chess Club: December 10, 2018
- Photography Club: December 10, 2018
Enrollment for Winter Clubs and Intramurals begins November 12, 2018.
The following clubs are now closed as they have reached maximum enrollment:
- Solar Sprint Car Club (as of 11/15/18)
- Both sessions of Art Club (as of 11/20/18)
- Mosaic club (as of 12/10/18)
- Ukulele Club (as of 12/13/18)
Click here for a detailed chart of our WINTER extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. This information will be available students during all lunches. We will begin accepting enrollments at this time. Keep in mind that some clubs fill up quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Click here to print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to Forms may be dropped off in the RFIS Main Office.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in intramurals must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by December 17th. Winter clubs will be January 7, 2019.
Attention 6th Grade Students!Sixth grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in intramurals and Basketball League. If you wish to participate in intramurals and/or basketball at RFIS, please follow instructions below for required medical documentation.Pre-Participation Sport Physical Evaluation Packet: Forms are to be fully completed, especially vision, BP and pulse, height, and weight, by examining licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If student sees an eye doctor, results of recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “sees eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.Click here for the Pre-Participation Sport Physical PacketHealth History Update Packet: Forms are to be completed by parent or guardian. These forms are required for each sport season and must be reviewed by examining provider only at the time of a physical exam. Health History Update Questionnaire forms must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
Any student listing on the Health History form as having asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy Action Plan) or daily medications (Doctor’s orders), must have the appropriate forms filed in the Health Office.
Click here for these forms.
Concussion Policy/Cardiac Form: Cardiac brochure and concussion information sheet must be read. The "Parent/Student Cardiac & Concussion Acknowledgement Sheet" must then be signed and dated by both student and parent/guardian. (Included in both packets and must be completed for each sport).Please contact the Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.