Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised extracurricular activities throughout the school year.
Click here for a detailed chart of our fall extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. During the summer, parents may drop off permission slips and payment in a sealed envelope at J.P. Case Middle School where there will be a drop box. Once the RFIS office staff returns to our building, all forms can be brought directly to RFIS.
The following clubs are now closed as they have reached maximum capacity:
- Solar Sprint Car Club (as of 8/24/21)
- Mural Club (8/17/21)
- Monday & Thursday Art Club (as of 8/30/21)
- Chess Club (as of 8/30/21)
- School Spirit Club (as of 8/30/21)
- Student Council (as of 9/8/21)
- Guitar Club (as of 9/15/21)
- Garden Club (as of 9/29/21)
The following clubs have been cancelled:
- Hand Chimes
- Guitar Ensemble
Attention 6th Grade Students!
- Click here to view and print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to FRRSD and return to school.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in the morning basketball league must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by September 20th.
6th grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in intramurals and morning basketball. Please follow the instructions below for required medical documentation. Click here for all required forms found on the district website under Health Services/Forms.
Forms are to be fully completed. Sections for vision, BP and pulse, height and weight must be completed by examining licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If the student sees an eye doctor, results of recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “sees eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.
Click here for all required forms found on the district website under Health Services/Forms.
* Please review the following documents. Parents must acknowledge receipt via the Parent Portal prior to student participation in either sport.
INFORMATION SHEETS (State of NJ DOE)
Form is to be completed by parent or guardian. This form is required for each sport season. Health History Update Questionnaire must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
3. Asthma / Allergy Forms:
If it is indicated on the Health History Form that a student has asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy-Anaphylaxis Action Plan ) or daily medications (Daily Medications), the appropriate forms must be submitted to the Health Office. Forms may be accessed at the RFIS website: Health Forms
Please contact the RFIS Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.