Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised clubs and intramurals throughout the school year. We are proud to offer three, 10-week sessions during the fall, winter and spring.
In order to assure a safe and orderly dismissal from after school activities, please review the guidelines outlined here in Mr. DeMarco's letter. Please pick up promptly at 4 pm. We appreciate your cooperation.
Winter Activities will end on March 14th unless otherwise notified by your club advisor. Please check this page for make up meeting dates and other updates.
The following winter clubs have scheduled make up meetings:
- Creative Writing Club - February 27th, March 6th, 13th and 18th
- Computer Club - March 20th and 21st
- Harry Potter Club - March 21st
- Chess Club - March 18th
- Ukulele Club - March 20th
- Art Club - March 18th and March 20th
Enrollment for Spring Clubs and Intramurals begins February 25, 2019.
Click here for a detailed chart of our SPRING extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. This information will be available students during all lunches. We will begin accepting enrollments at this time. Keep in mind that some clubs fill up quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note: The following clubs are now closed:
As of 3/6/19: Art Club - (Both Monday & Thursday sessions)
As of 3/18/19: Paws for a Cause
As of 3/18/19: Photography
As of 3/18/19: Garden Club
- Click here to print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to Forms may be dropped off in the RFIS Main Office.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in intramurals must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by March 18th. Spring clubs will be March 2th.
Attention 6th Grade Students!Sixth grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in intramurals and Basketball League. If you wish to participate in intramurals and/or basketball at RFIS, please follow instructions below for required medical documentation.Pre-Participation Sport Physical Evaluation Packet: Forms are to be fully completed, especially vision, BP and pulse, height, and weight, by examining licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If student sees an eye doctor, results of recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “sees eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.Click here for the Pre-Participation Sport Physical PacketHealth History Update Packet: Forms are to be completed by parent or guardian. These forms are required for each sport season and must be reviewed by examining provider only at the time of a physical exam. Health History Update Questionnaire forms must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
Any student listing on the Health History form as having asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy Action Plan) or daily medications (Doctor’s orders), must have the appropriate forms filed in the Health Office.
Concussion Policy/Cardiac Form: Cardiac and Concussion Brochure must be read. The Parent/Student Cardiac & Concussion Acknowledgement Sheet must then be signed and dated by both student and parent/guardian. (Included in both packets and must be completed for each sport).Please contact the Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.