Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised extracurricular activities throughout the school year.
Click here for a detailed chart of our fall 2022 extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. This information will be available at the Sneak Peek on Tuesday, August 23rd. You may submit your enrollment form and payment during this time. Keep in mind that some clubs fill up quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
At this time, we are only accepting enrollment for our Garden Club and Hand Chimes. All other clubs are now closed.
Attention 6th Grade Students!
- Click here to print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to FRRSD. Forms may be dropped off in the RFIS Main Office.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in intramural sports and/or the morning basketball league must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by September 26th.
6th grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in intramural basketball and soccer. Please follow the instructions below for required medical documentation. Click here for all required forms found on the district website under Health Services/Forms.
Forms are to be fully completed. Sections for vision, BP and pulse, height and weight must be completed by examining a licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, the primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If the student sees an eye doctor, the results of recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “ sees an eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.
Click here for all required forms found on the district website under Health Services/Forms.
* Please review the following documents. Parents must acknowledge receipt via the Parent Portal prior to student participation in either sport.
INFORMATION SHEETS (State of NJ DOE)
Form is to be completed by parent or guardian. This form is required for each sport season. Health History Update Questionnaire must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
3. Asthma / Allergy Forms:
If it is indicated on the Health History Form that a student has asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy-Anaphylaxis Action Plan ) or daily medications (Daily Medications), the appropriate forms must be submitted to the Health Office. Forms may be accessed at the RFIS website: Health Forms
Please contact the RFIS Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.