Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised extracurricular activities throughout the school year.
Art Club will have the following make-up dates:
Attention parents & students: We have added flag football on Monday afternoons! Click here for the updated activity chart with more information.
Spring Club Dismissal Procedure
Spring Club Enrollment
Click here for a detailed chart of our winter extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. This information was made available to students during lunch periods on February 21, 2023. Keep in mind that some clubs fill up quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Click here to print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to FRRSD. Forms may be dropped off in the RFIS Main Office.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in intramural sports and/or the morning basketball league must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by March 13, 2023.
MEDICAL PAPERWORK REQUIRED FOR 6th GRADE SPORTS
All 6th grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in any SPORTS CLUBS (basketball, soccer, flag football, cheer, etc). Please follow the instructions below for required medical documentation. Click here for all required forms found on the district website under Health Services/Forms. Please contact the RFIS Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.
1. Pre-Participation Sport Physical Evaluation: (English | En Español) Forms must be fully completed. Sections for vision, BP and pulse, height and weight must be completed by a licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, the primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If the student sees an eye doctor, the results of a recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “ sees an eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.
2. Health History Update Questionnaire: (English | En Español) Form is to be completed by parent or guardian. This form is required for each sport season. Health History Update Questionnaire must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
If your child was diagnosed with Covid 19 illness in the six months before the start of intramural sports, the doctor must provide a clearance note in order for him/her to participate.
3. Asthma / Allergy Forms: If it is indicated on the Health History Form that a student has asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy-Anaphylaxis Action Plan ) or daily medications (Daily Medications), the appropriate forms must be submitted to the Health Office. Forms may be accessed at the RFIS website: Health Forms
4. Please review the following documents. Parents must acknowledge receipt via the Parent Portal prior to student participation in either sport.
INFORMATION SHEETS (State of NJ DOE)
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Brochure (English | En Español)
- Concussion Fact Sheet and Acknowledgement Form (English | En Español)
- Opioid Use & Misuse Fact Sheet (English | En Español)
- Sports-Related Eye Injuries Fact Sheet for Parents/Guardians (N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.9)