Students at Reading Fleming Intermediate School are encouraged to participate in a variety of staff-supervised clubs and intramurals throughout the school year. We are proud to offer three, 10-week sessions during the fall, winter and spring on the following schedule:
Fall 9/23/19- 12/12/19 Winter 1/6/20 - 3/12/20 Spring 3/23/20 - 6/4/20Winter clubs are scheduled to end on March 12th, however, additional dates may be scheduled by the advisor to make up for any club meetings that were missed due to a holiday, early dismissal or other reasons. Make up dates will be posted here as they are scheduled.The following winter clubs have scheduled make up meetings:
Enrollment for spring clubs begins February 24, 2020.Please note that Student Council meeting day has been changed from Wednesday to Monday.
- Harry Potter Club - Thursday, March 19th
- Student Council - Monday, March 16th, Thursday March 1th
Click here for a detailed chart of our spring extra-curricular activities and follow the procedure below to enroll your child. This information ws made available to students during all lunch periods. Keep in mind that some clubs fill up quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
The following spring clubs are now closed as they have reached maximum enrollment.
- Pottery Club (as of 2/28/20)
- Paws for a Cause (as of 3/4/20)
- Art Club (as of 3/11/20)
In order to help us ensure the safety and security of our students during dismissal from after school activities, click here for important information from Dr. DeMarco regarding procedures to be followed by parents when picking up their children.Attention Sixth Grade Students!Sixth grade students are required to turn in medical forms in order to participate in intramurals and the morning basketball league. If you wish to participate in intramurals at RFIS, please follow instructions below for required medical documentation.Pre-Participation Sport Physical Evaluation Packet: Forms are to be fully completed. Sections for vision, BP pulse, height, and weight must be completed by examining licensed provider within 365 days prior to the first practice session. If vision is corrected, primary provider needs to screen vision with lenses. If student sees an eye doctor, results of recent eye exam must be attached. Stating “sees eye doctor” is not acceptable. Physical examinations are good for one calendar year.Click here for the Pre-Participation Sport Physical PacketPlease note that the following documents are now available on the Parent Portal. Parents must acknowledge receipt via the Parent Portal prior to student participation in either sport.
- Click here to print the permission slip. Please complete ONE permission slip for EACH child and for each activity.
- Please return the completed permission slip(s) together with the check(s) for the activity fee made payable to Forms may be dropped off in the RFIS Main Office.
- Sixth grade students who wish to enroll in intramurals and/or the morning basketball league must submit all required medical forms in order to complete enrollment. Please refer to the information and links below.
- Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of the activity fee.
- Enrollment in each club is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. If a club is cancelled or closed, your child will be notified as soon as possible so that he/she will have the opportunity to choose another activity.
- Students will receive written notification of acceptance into their selected activity by March 16th.
Health History Update Questionnaire: Form is to be completed by parent or guardian. This form is required for each sport season. Health History Update Questionnaire forms must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session.
- Use and Misuse of Opiod Drugs Fact Sheet - Student-Athlete & Parent/Guardian Sign Off
- Sports Related Concussion & Head Injury Fact Sheet & Parent Guardian Acknowledgement Form
- State of NJ Department of Education Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet - Sign off Sheet
Asthma/Allergy Forms: If it is indicated on the Health History Form that a student has asthma (Asthma Treatment Plan), allergies (Allergy Action Plan) or daily medications (Doctor's orders), the appropriate forms must be submitted to the Health Office. Forms may be accessed at the RFIS website. Medical Forms
Please contact the Health Office with any questions at 908-284-7512.