Flemington-Raritan Regional School DistrictHarassment, Intimidation and Bullying
HIB Self-Assessment District & School Grade Report 2018-2019
In the spring of 2019, the school safety teams for each of the schools in the Flemington-Raritan Regional School District completed the New Jersey Department of Education's Self-Assessment for Determining Grades under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act of 2011. The results of this self-assessment were based on data and practices implemented during the 2018-2019 school year.
Each school safety team rated the 32 self-assessment indicators on a scale of 0 to 3 (0-Does Not Meet Requirements, 1-Partially Meets the Requirements, 2-Meets All Requirements, 3-Exceeds the Requirements). The highest possible score is 78 points. All Flemington-Raritan Schools are meeting or exceeding the requirements. To view the official release of the District and School Grade Report from the 2018-2019 school year, please click here.
Based on the results of this self-assessment, the district focused on the following initiatives for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Extension of the climate survey to the student population;
- Training on school climate for all School Safety/School Climate Team members;
- Counselor-led School Safety/School Climate Team meetings throughout the year using the training received;
- Use of myK12, an HIB management system;
- Training of all staff, contracted service providers and volunteers in HIB policy & prevention;
- Implementation of districtwide Week of Respect initiative and associated activities;
- Implementation of districtwide Great Kindness Challenge initiative and associated activities;
- Implementation of resilience programs and activities within our schools;
- Teaching resilience strategies within our schools and classrooms;
- Implementation of Screenagers Next Chapter: Empowering Youth with Stress Resilience; and
- Ongoing meetings with counselors to study progress in the schools towards meeting the core elements and to ensure best practices are being utilized in the prevention of HIB